construction laborer assists in drawing up construction plans, sets up structural frameworks for buildings, paints, pours cement, and operates construction machinery and vehicles to complete a variety of building and repair projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Assists in drawing up building plans and blueprints.
•Conducts measurements prior to construction to ensure everything is built to scale.
•Applies blueprints and engineering plans to construction process.
•Digs holes for home foundations.
•Determines which tools would be best suited for particular construction tasks.
•Mixes, pours, and smoothes cement.
•Sets up structural framework for buildings.
•Uses jackhammers to drill into earth or cement.
•Pours tar to repave roads and highways.
•Mixes paint and paint thinners.
•Paints highway lines.
•Pants exteriors of buildings.
•Positions walls and floors in home building projects.
•Aligns pipes and plumbing systems.
•Operates large construction machinery and power tools.
•Applies grout, stucco, steam, sand, vinyl, plaster, and other sealants to buildings.
•Adheres to all safety guidelines during the construction process.
•Cleans construction site of debris following the project.
•Sets up and takes down scaffolding.
•Demolishes old buildings.
•Inspects machines and tools for any problems or glitches.
•Repairs and adjusts equipment as necessary.
•Demonstrates basic knowledge of structural, industrial, or mechanical engineering principles.
•Possesses basic math skills required for measuring and calculating dimensions.
•Exhibits knowledge of materials and chemicals involved in the building process.
•Demonstrates familiarity with proper safety precautions and hazards on the job site.
•Is capable of reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
•Is proficient in the use of power tools.
•Is able to operate heavy construction machinery.
•Possesses stamina to work long hours outside conducting difficult physical labor.
•Possesses strength necessary to lift and move heavy objects.
•Works well with a team.
•Communicates clearly and effectively.
•Demonstrates good listening skills.
•Pays attention to detail.
•Possesses excellent hand/eye coordination.
Interested candidate must possess a minimum qualification of
*Bachelor’s degree or HND in any related field.
*Masters and Professional qualification is a plus.
MODE OF APPLICATION
* Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to:
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 09 — show phone
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted