Working primarily on construction sites, heavy equipment operators handle operations, maintenance and repair on construction machinery. They work with asphalt spreaders, steam rollers, pile drivers and cranes to perform the jobs entrusted to them.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate equipment used for construction purposes such as tankers, cranes, bulldozers, loaders, compost mixers and excavators.
• Build levels and excavate land surfaces using a variety of construction equipment.
• Clear construction areas of debris and other hazardous materials prior to beginning a project.
• Perform a variety of pre-winter and summer maintenance activities on roads.
• Gather waste and debris from work areas and load them onto trucks to be disposed off.
• Transport waste to appropriate locations.
• Perform dust control and dirt compaction by operating water tankers.
• Ensure that heavy equipment that is to be used on a construction project is cleaned on a regular basis.
• Maintain and update inventory of supplies, material and equipment used in each project.
• Perform preventative and general maintenance on heavy equipment.
• Make sure that heavy equipment is safe for use by performing constant checks.
• Ensure that all equipment is safely stored at the end of each work day.
• Troubleshoot equipment problems and make needed repairs.
• Take orders from supervisor for daily work tasks and provide feedback to supervisor on a daily basis.
• Ensure that work reports are prepared at the end of each day and handed over to the supervisor.
• Maintain knowledge of safe construction work practices and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to operate heavy equipment.
• Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
• Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
• Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Qualified and interested candidate should possess;
• Atleast HND/B.Sc in Mining Engineering or related fields.
• Atleast three years of field working experience
• M.Sc or Professional Certifications may be an added advantage.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08 — show phone
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.