The Colour Artist performs image finishing, retouching, enhancement, improvement and composition with a high level of precision and expertise.
• Evaluate and perform colour correction in CMYK and RGB, matching colour as necessary to designated files/visuals.
• Execute hi-res imaging and key art finishing, comprehending and achieving client objectives and desired campaign look.
• Prepare, optimize and convert files from RGB to CMYK, following client-specific workflows and protocols.
• Expand and acquire new knowledge and skills including artistic finishing techniques and evolving Photoshop features.
• Review and assess work accomplished.
• Evaluate colour outputs, determining whether further work is needed.
• Work with and take direction from Shift Leads and Colour Leads to provide the highest level of service.
• Keep Shift Leads, Colour Leads and Colour Coordinators apprised of changes and developments that may impact delivery and quality objectives.
• Create CMYK separations (including regulating GCR and total ink density), PMS plates, and white ink plates, ensuring correct coverage and trapping.
• Assist Prepress/Premedia departments as needed.
• Update build files, adjust Illustrator callouts, output Epsons, etc.
• Perform Grand Format device proof colour compensations.
• Make press compensations as necessary.
• Follow Company and Client security policy and asset management protocols.
• Keep department apprised of changes in security status of given campaign looks.
• An “eye for colour" and an understanding of colour theory, colour management, RGB to CMYK conversion, etc.
• A diverse understanding of the graphic arts industry as it applies to pre-media and printing.
• Expert understanding of desktop publishing tools including, but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Must have a positive attitude and constantly look to improve.
• Ability to deal with co-workers in a professional manner.
• Keep abreast of changing technologies and workflows.
Minimum 2 to 5 years professional experience with finishing and colourAgency and/or Entertainment industry experience a plus.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested Applicants should forward their CV to hrm.synergyglobal @gmail.com and use the post applying for as a SUBJECT or send their Name, Address, Qualifications, Phone Number, Post Applying for to the NUMBER or BOX provided on the web. Failure to abide by these Rules and Regulations will lead to TOTAL disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview